- About Us
The Janus Circle Scholarship was established to recognize student members of the United Methodist Church of Kent, Ohio for their active involvement in our church and service to the community who plan to pursue post-secondary education the following school year. To be eligible for the scholarship, the student must be a high school senior and a member of the United Methodist Church of Kent.
– NO GPA requirements or essay*!
– Any college-bound or other educational pursuit is eligible!
– Deadline: Extended to May 14, 2017!
To find out more, please download the following documents:
Instructions for completing the Janus Scholarship Application on-line:
1. Download and save the Janus Scholarship Application PDF above to your computer. (If you cannot do this, then print out the application and complete it manually.)
2. Open the application with Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don’t have Acrobat Reader, you can download it free here.
3. Fill-in the application fields. Do not type in more information than what will fit inside the form boxes.
4. Print out the completed application.
5. Sign and date the printed application.
6. By the May 14 due date, drop off or mail the completed application to the Kent UMC office, including any additional sheets.
*No initial essay required. However, an essay may be requested by the Selection Committee and is decided at the committee’s discretion.